IFRS – 9 Implications and Calculations
IFRS 9 represents a major shift in international accounting practices – S&P Global
IFRS-9 is one of the major developments in accounting standards in recent years. The new standard is based on a forward-looking approach as opposed to previous practices of the “loss incurred” approach to account for losses on financial instruments. And this is what makes it complicated since for this purpose IFRS9 requires credit risk modelling.
With this training, you will never be needing to depend on a risk modelling expert for your calculation.
- Important definitions under IAS 32
- Why IFRS 9 replaced IAS 39?
- Classification of financial assets using the SPPI model
- Measurement of financial assets and liabilities (Amortized cost & Fair value measurement under IFRS 13)
- De – recognition principles
- Understanding Credit Risk
- Impairment Model
- PD calculation
- Impact of Covid 19
- Analyzing the challenges and the Financial Impact of IFRS 9 implementation
- Role of Finance, Risk, and Internal Audit in implementing IFRS 9 and the way forward
Who Should Attend?
- Accountants & Finance managers
- Internal auditors
- Risk managers
- Portfolio managers
Date and Time:
- This is a 2 day In-Person event, scheduled on Wednesday 2nd, and Thursday 3rd November, 2022
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Participants will receive a successful course completion certificate.
At the end of each Program we carry out a survey to ensure our participants receive the best of our services.
Sana Quadri: A Chartered Accountant, is an IFRS Expert with experience in implementing IFRS-15, IFRS-16, and IFRS-9. Owing to her exceptional storytelling skills, she became CFO of a listed Company at just 26 years of age. She has over 15 years of working experience in senior management positions interacting with Board members and Group Heads both within and outside Pakistan, in the financial services industry, including; microfinance bank, asset management, private equity, investment advisory & brokerage house. She calls herself an Edtechprenuer bringing technology & emotional intelligence to fast forward career progress.
Murtaza Hussain: is a result-oriented and technically sound Risk Analytics professional. A graduate in Actuarial Sciences and Risk Management, he has gained vast experience in IFRS 9 (assessment and implementation), Basel II and III, statistical and econometric modeling, credit risk rating (ORR), credit facility rating (FRR), stress-testing, statistical analysis, and risk analytics. He is currently serving as the Head of Financial Risk Modeling and Stress Testing at Habib Bank Limited.